Eunoia Prompts was an initiative taken through my Instagram page by collaborating with another writer @momentsbecmemmories1 by launching monthly prompts list where writers were invited to submit their submissions that were featured on our respective accounts.
The reason behind starting this initiative was to:
- Create our own Instagram community which had writers supporting each other.
- Enhance and explore our writing skills with our thinking process where we diversify our thinking on varied topics/prompts and therefore, avoid the Writer’s Block.
Eunoia is the shortest English word containing all five main vowels. It comes from the Greek word εὔνοια, meaning “well mind” or “beautiful thinking.” In rhetoric, eunoia is the goodwill a speaker cultivates between himself and his audience, a condition of receptivity. In book eight of Nicomachean Ethics, Aristotle uses the term to refer to the kind and benevolent feelings of goodwill a spouse has which form the basis for the ethical foundation of human life. Cicero translates eunoia with the Latin word benevolentia.
Therefore, in literary sense, eunoia had a beautiful meaning and background that convinced us as the name for our new venture.
Initially, we used the had used the #eunoiaprompts to accumulate our writings at one space. Our strategy was to tag maximum writers and build our community as one of the leading for the authors and poets out there on Instagram.
Here’s the list of prompts that we shared from July 2019 – December 2019. We initially decided the theme for the month and then went with the planning of prompts.
- For July, we had songs and movies titles.
- For August, we had titles of popular poetry, renowned dramas, and beautiful fairytales.
- For September, we had the titles of 30 evergreen romantic movies.
- For October, we had prompts related to halloween and falls.
- For November, we picked up some relatable prompts surrounding life.
- For December, we made up a choice for hot and sizzling dance prompts.