Do you want to design your own tattoo? An artist like you can definitely do it by yourself and that is why you are here. Whether this is your first, last or some random tattoo in the middle of your total number, make it count as a creative design that can be beautifully objectified on your body.
For that, you don’t have to ask someone professional to sketch your designs when you are able to design your own tattoo. The advantage of designing your own tattoo is that it happens to be exactly the way you have imagined, projects your creativity and carry every minute detail in place that you have planned and which wouldn’t have been possible in a readymade design.
So, here’s how you can design your own tattoo:
- Think and Analyse: Find your inspiration and allow the same to be printed on your body. It might be a line from your favourite book or it might be a quote or a one liner or a dialogue from your favourite movie. In spite of these written scribbles, you can go with your favourite anime character or some special symbols or a particular date or any other sign that reflects a part of your life. Make a list of your most loved things. This would include your likings for food to your entanglements with different people. Now analyse the list and mark the important things that can be emerged as a tattoo.
- Find the Location on your Body: Consider your body as a wall for graffiti and for a particular piece of art you need to pick up a location. When you plan to get a tattoo on your body, explore your available canvas and take all the areas into consideration. Do you want a tattoo that the entire world can see or you want that only a few can have a look at it? High visibility locations areas include the face, arms, fingers, and legs whereas less visibility location areas include the lower back, shoulders, thighs, stomach, and neck. Once you’ve determined your desired location you can shortlist the tattoo designs from those that you have finalized in initial stages.
- Be Authentic: No matter how cliché it sounds, the tattoo you are planning to have on your body will be permanent. Therefore, don’t go for a trendy piece or style as it can be outdated at any point of time. Stay authentic to your hobbies, interests, and beliefs while choosing a design for you. Safe tattoos will include zodiac symbols, floral tattoos, special dates in your life and patterns symbolising your life or nature.
- Tattoo Design Software or Website: There are many websites and software that are available to you to sketch your tattoo designs. These sites work just like photo editor sites. You do not have to be a professional to work on these websites or software. The software is helpful enough to transform your simple, normal and unprofessional design of yours into a unique and creative tattoo design.
- Otherwise, Draw it: If you have a creative hand in drawing, spend some time in sketching. While drawing, add the combination of colours that you want to have in your tattoo. While doing so, keep in mind that the more colours you add now, the more you’ll need to add later so as to maintain the life of the tattoo. The advantage of drawing your own tattoo is that it happens to be exactly the way you have imagined and it manages to project your ultimate creativity and also, carry every minute detail in place that you have planned which might have not been possible if you have sketched the same in a tattoo design software or website.
- Find the right Tattoo Artist: Once you’ve created the perfect design to get it imprinted on your body, now, it’s time to find the artist who can bring it to life. Don’t be lethargic over here. Take your piece to different professionals for expert feedbacks. Meet various tattoo artists and check out their portfolios and ensure that they’re licensed. Some artists may also suggest you some professional modifications so, pay heed to all of them. Sometimes, it may enhance the look of your original piece.