(Source of Statistical Data: https://www.brandwatch.com/blog/amazing-social-media-statistics-and-facts/)
As per statics:
• There are approximately 3.03 billion active users on social media.
• Social networks have earned approximately $8.3 billion from advertising in 2015.
• Google has 111 million users and it processes almost 100 billion searches a month.
• WhatsApp has about 900 million users and Facebook has 2 billion users. These both messengers have an exchange of 60 billion messages per day.
• Facebook particularly adds 500,000 new users every day that is almost 6 profiles every second.
• Instagram has 800 million Monthly Active Users. Over 95 million photos are uploaded each day which has approximately 4.2 billion likes.
• There are approximately 1.5 billion users on YouTube in which 1 billion hours of videos are watched by people every day.
• About 500 million people visit Twitter without even logging into it and there are approximately 328 million accounts active on it.
• On WordPress itself, there are about 74.7 million blog posts that are published every month.
In all, social media is a hub of socialistic people which if appropriately used as per designed algorithms; will allow you to have great engagements on your social media accounts. So, to help you with the same, here are some tips which can be followed by you to increase your social media engagements:
1. Interact with Followers on a Personal Level: The best thing you can do to boost your customer engagements is to interact with your followers on a personal level. Interacting with your customers through this way will make them feel valued and their opinions matter. Also, they will realize the importance of your brand and what edge does it have over other competitors by direct communication. This method helps you to generate a high engagement rate.
2. Use Surveys and Polls: Using surveys and polls is the best way to engage your followers on your social media accounts and further on, you can create a post which is reached to maximum people out there. Another reason of using this method is that people are happy when they are asked about their choices as it makes them feel privileged. Through this way you can not only engage them but you can also learn about the preferences and demands of your followers. The better you tend to know your followers, the better you can design posts which are easily relatable to them. Therefore, this is the easiest and the quickest method of collecting your followers’ data which in return will help you to improve your social media marketing plans and strategies for the future.
3. Post Visual Content: By posting your content in visual form will help you increase your brand’s engagement rate as it happens to more attractive and engaging. You can pick any form for your post from different types of visual formats like images, videos, GIFs and so on. The most perfect and the popular combination of visual media are of infographics. Infographics are liked and shared, comparatively, three times more than any other post on social media. Among B2B companies, infographics are widely used and it is the most demanded choice of portraying the most complicated content. Through this mode, you will provide a better understanding about the data you want to share.
4. Live Streaming: The facility of live streaming is another option to get well with the high rate of customer engagements. In 2015, Twitter released Periscope which was a separate app for live video streaming. Afterwards, Facebook introduced its own live streaming feature, which allowed users to portray their ongoing time live to the users. After that YouTube, Instagram and so on. When we actually compare with statistical data, people tend to spend three times longer time on a live streaming video than on a pre-recorded video. Therefore, entrepreneurs should make the use of this facility. They can use it to make special announcements. Also, they can showcase their events whereby they are giving the description of their new product. Also, they can turn some of their social events to be visited at Social Media through Live Streaming.
5. Respond to Customer Problems: Social Media is used to promote your brand and one way of marketing it positively is to answer the doubts and grievances of your customers. You can not only use social media to talk about your brand but you can also use it as a platform of providing free customer services.
6. Use Hashtags: Using hashtags are one of appropriate ways to level up the visibility of your brand. For this, you must do proper research so as find out the most effective and relevant hashtags for your brand. You need to be sure about the fact that your target customers are relating to and following your selected hashtags. To focus on increased rate in customers’ engagements, the hashtags selected should be more specific. This will help you to have higher engagement rates and better visibility options. With the usage of right hashtags you will be ensured about a positive impact that can be created on your followers.
Points to Remember:
Don’t forget to use various types of hashtags.
Also, don’t forget to make your own unique hashtag so as to create your differentiated identity on social media.
Stick to those hashtags which are working positivey for your brand, and you can use a mixture of those hashtags on various social media platforms.
7. Influence Marketing: Influence Marketing is turning out to be one of the trendiest options which helps you to increase and retain your customer engagements. Customers like to survey the data of your brand through the information provided by the influencers because their stories are original, reality-based and relatable. By marketing your business through the medium of influencers will help you to widen the reach of your brand. This will undeniably boost your customers’ engagement rate.
8. Include Contests and Giveaways: Contests and giveaways are extremely powerful for engaging more and more customers to your page. This is because people like to be recognised and awarded. Though these contests and giveaways, you can ask your followers to follow your account, like and comment on your latest posts, mention any 5 posts which were maximally liked them and review your products. In return, you can award them with a discount coupon, a free product of your company, a sponsored trip and so on. The award will totally depend upon the niche of your brand.
9. Share a Surprising Statistic: One of the best ways to grab a follower’s attention is to share an original fact or statistic that he/she did not know about it before. If someone is entertained as well as educated through a social media page, then he/she will definitely follow the page. Statistics or Facts related to your business should be preferably posted on your page so as to maintain the coordination amongst all of your posts. The ideal facts are the ones that can be framed up in one short sentence.
For example, in November 2018, the total population was estimated to be of 7.6 billion out of which 3 billion people are socially active.
10. Relate your Content with Current Events: Whenever you have to create content for your social media accounts, relate it with a current event. This is an excellent way to engage your audience. Upcoming events maybe major sports events, trending concert shows, local magic or comedy shows, new movie releases, and so on. You can use them for your advantage and go with the flow of ongoing boosted posts. Therefore, create your content around the same events that are related to your niche so as to generate high engagement rates for your brand.
11. Show your Original Personality: Sometimes, your customers are interested in the lives of the people who are working behind the company’s logo. For that, as the owner of your business enterprise you should share some of your interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes on your page. You can also recommend some of your personally followed blogs and personally preferred products that your followers might find helpful. You can also tell your followers about how your customary day is like.